Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My husband's mustang is turning over but not starting.?

Husband has a 1986 Ford Mustang 5.0 Fox Body.... The past couple of days he's been having a few issues. Sunday he went out and it wouldn't start, the battery was dead... So he spent 3 hours fiddling with it with me telling him %26quot;Check your wiring something is draining your battery%26quot; Needless to say our day plans were shot and after taking it to Advanced auto to get it charged he gave me the neener neener neener face with me shaking my head saying the problem wasn't solved. Fast Forward to today...



He went out today and the car would turn over but not start. A friend of his, myself, and him are standing over the car and He changes out the starter cellulode (spelling) but still not luck as I sigh and suggest once me the wiring. I know my husband and he's the fiddle not read the instruction type. I am the read the instructions type and have read the chilton's manual on his car cover to cover. I think its the spark plug wires since the distrubuter module is fine. The car is getting fuel (we checked after I nagged)... these two yuppies were standing there twisting and tweaking ground wire and wire harnesses like that was going to help *sigh*. I know he has changed out one or two spark plugs recently instead of changing all of them out at ONCE... and did not change the spark plug wires. He has had this car two years and has not changed out the plug wires or all of the spark plugs since having it... nor does he know the last time the spark plug wires were changed out. They look old to me and even the Chilton's manual is hinting to it. Any proffessionals/mechanic types out there with some advice. I already spoke to my Dad who taught me what I know about cars. For a woman I am fairly capable around cars, I know how to change my own oil, brakes, spark plugs, spark plug wires, tires, radiator tubes, radiator... I've even replaced a clutch in a Mazda 626 with my Dad's help.. and helped replace a clutch in my brother's truck along with all sorts of other assorted odds and ends and if I have a Chilton's manual.... I am just getting the %26quot;Me Alpha male grunt grunt%26quot; thing from him. (patrol coming up and he's about to get taken down a peg or two in his pack status around our house LOL) Any help appreciated so I can just do it tommorrow while he's at work and do the %26quot;I told you so%26quot; female smile (sorry guys! I know men hate it but he has it coming)My husband's mustang is turning over but not starting.?Too much Drama...

Suck it up and have the car looked at by a reputable local repair

mechanic..



Why let this get more out of hand than it has to...



Good Luck to both of you guys and re-plan a nice day together.My husband's mustang is turning over but not starting.?buy your husband a toyota camry he'd be much happierMy husband's mustang is turning over but not starting.?if it turns over it's not the solenoid. you have fuel but it may not be enough. you need 45-55 PSI. try cranking it while he hits the center of the gas tank with a rubber mallet. if it starts you have your answer.My husband's mustang is turning over but not starting.?if it would turn over in the first place he would,nt had to replace the solenoid. you say the gas is reaching the engine so what about spark, is he getting good spark? i,am thing it might be the coil or the pick-up in the distributor. cranking it over all the time would make the battery go dead. ok if your going to do itwhile he,s working the do this. first make sure the battery is fully charged and the engine will turn over then take the fuel line off and see if you have good fuel coming to the engine then make sure the plugs are getting good spark. if you have those things then it should start.
  • What are duvet covers
  • How to fix bleach accident on comforter
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment