Monday, September 19, 2011

Weird question, how can I remove the leftover spark plug wire that got stuck in valve cover way down there,?

Recently I asked a question stating that after fixing a water pump that was leaking really bad that my car still wasnt running right, the mechanic said I just needed a tune up but wanted to charge 210 dollars for parts and labor. I realized I had a warranty for the customer fit wires (5 of them) and decided to change them myself. Well apparently when my engine overheated when the water pump was bad one of the wires had sort of melted in the long hole, I pulled it up anyways and only 4/5 of the wire came up, where the other plastic part stayed down there, we have tried pliers, long nose and it just wont come up, i suggested melting it again to loosen it but that didnt work either. Does anyone know what I can do, the hole is not that big but its deep, its for a 96 nissan altima.Weird question, how can I remove the leftover spark plug wire that got stuck in valve cover way down there,?I am not sure of which hole you are talking about. What

I can say for sure is that if it isn't the spark plug hole

with the wire broken off where it connects onto the

spark plug, you can just leave it, and attach your new

wire to the plug. Just be sure to see that the wire

doesn't touch the exhaust manifold anywhere.



Now, if it is a case where the wire has broken off

with it still connected to the spark plug there are

two things you can try.



First, try to twist the wire on the plug to see if you

can get it to break free to pull off. If that doesn't

work you can cut the wire off as close to the top

of the plug as possible, then use a regular deep

well socket to remove, and replace the spark plug.

You don't want to use a spark plug socket as it

may not slip over the connector enough to grasp

the spark plug to remove. You want enough room

inside the socket to accommodate the remaining

piece of the wire so that it can slip onto the plug

to remove.Weird question, how can I remove the leftover spark plug wire that got stuck in valve cover way down there,?use a bent metal clothes hanger to fish it out.Weird question, how can I remove the leftover spark plug wire that got stuck in valve cover way down there,?Get a long pair of needle nose pliers. It will come out if you pull hard enough.
  • cope with a cheating
  • hairdresser using my own colour
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment