Thursday, September 22, 2011

My dodge neon runs like the piece of crap that it is...?

I have a 2000 Dodge Neon (dont blame me, my wife owned it when I met her) that is running like crap... doesn't want to start, idles rough and acts as though it's going to die, and sometimes makes a popping sound, maybe backfiring, while trying to accellerate... So, i'm thinking i'll change the fuel filter (thats probably never been done), get new spark plugs (the car has over 130000 miles)... maybe new spark plug wires? How often do they need to be changed? I dunno, i'm kinda lost here, any advice?My dodge neon runs like the piece of crap that it is...?%26quot;No Maintained!?%26quot; Fuel Filter, Air Filter, Remove %26amp; Clean Throttle Body, Reset Idle and Check Fuel/Air Mixture (Engine Shop Later), Plugs, Wires %26amp; Coil Wire, Flush System before Changing Oil %26amp; Filter, Clean or Have Injectors Cleaned, %26quot;Steam Engine, Engine Compartment %26amp; Bottom of Engine!%26quot;As long as you're doing all this go through the Cooling System, Flush, Change Coolant (50-50 Clean Water %26amp; Anti-Freeze), New Thermostat, Check All Hoses %26amp; Water Pump. %26quot;Sounds Like Fun Right???%26quot;



Sparks (Good Ones) 75,000 to 100,000 Miles, Wires if they look Cracked or Inside Contacts Are Bernt.



P.S. Had a Neon for 9 Years Before I Retired and they run Great (220,000 on mine) but have to be Maintained! Was Still Running Strong When I left it to my daughter.My dodge neon runs like the piece of crap that it is...?Do a full service, replace everything that you said dont forget the cap and rotor, timing belt, do the water pump while you there, flush the cooling system and the fuel system and the car should run like new, unless there's more problems. Then just sell the damn thing.My dodge neon runs like the piece of crap that it is...?Yes a proper tune up would help, but I also advice to have your vehicle timing belt check and replace. All the tune up work should have done on you care every 30K miles or 2 years, and the timing belt should be replace at 90K milesMy dodge neon runs like the piece of crap that it is...?do a compression test neons have head gasket problems
  • black hair
  • AJAX in .net
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment