Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How should I be checking the distributor?

93 Acura Integra LS Non-Vtech 5 speed



Ok Ive replace the fuel filter already because I thought that it WAS the problem. But now it wont even 'fire up'. Now I dont know whether its the distributor or something else.

I took one spark wire with the spark plug in it and lightly touch it to the engine and crank...it gives off a small amber colored spark. should it be giving me a blue spark? I guess its the distrb. should i change the spark plugs first?How should I be checking the distributor?Distributors aren't created equal. Without the year make and model of the car we can't give you any advise. It it's an aftermarket distributor we're really up the creek!



Please be more specific.How should I be checking the distributor?you may want to check fuel pressure first.How should I be checking the distributor?the fuel filter would,nt have nothing to do with the spark.you should have a strong blue spark at the plugs.it could be a weak coil too. if the coil is,nt putting out a hot spark then it can,t fire the plugs. change the coil first then if it starts you can take the plugs out, clean them up and gap them.How should I be checking the distributor?maybe its the coil or icm who knows, but my moneys on fuel pumpHow should I be checking the distributor?More than likely, if you are only getting a small amber spark, it's your coil. The coil in the distributer is what kicks 12V to 50,000V to jump the gap.

At least that was the coil in older distributers I'm more familiar with.How should I be checking the distributor?Michael is right, could be your coil but then again, it could be a lot of things. Does the engine turn as usual or does it drag like its struggling? If it's dragging, sounds like your battery. Have you had the battery tested? Could have a bad battery or just weak. At any rate you should have your battery tested. If the engine is turning fine, it could be the coil, voltage regulator, spark plugs and wires and finally the distributor. Is this a mechanical or electric distributor?
  • programming
  • domain name hosting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment