Thursday, September 22, 2011

How can I get my 92 GMC Jimmy started?

Ok so i've changed the starter, fuel pump, fuel filter, Battery, Spark Plugs, and new wire set. It catches if I spay ether in to it, but as soon as it sucks up the ether, it stops. I am completely out of Ideas on where to go from here. Please help me.How can I get my 92 GMC Jimmy started?needs feul.



fuel injectors.



fuel pump relay?



fuelpressure regulator?



... whne you turn the key to ON--can you hear the fuel pump? if so, dont worry about the relay.



when you try to start it, take the breather off--crank it while some one looks into the intake--you see gas? (if it's a TBI injection, which mine is) if you dont, then it's a injector problem of some sort--check the harness conenctions, go from there.



fuel pressure regulator is a huge possiblity.



good luck.



just some ideas to toss at you.How can I get my 92 GMC Jimmy started?An engine needs three basic components, fuel, compression, and fire, to start. It sounds like you are not getting any fuel, so checking the fuel system would be a good place to start.



If you don't already have one, you might want to get a manual, which will show you how the different systems work. Haynes is cheap, while Chiltons is more expensive and sometimes has better instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment