Friday, June 3, 2011

Spark Plug Wires on 2000 S-10 2.2 engine.?

I have a 2000 S-10 2.2L 4 cyl. engine. It isn't running well and doesn't have any power. I changed the fuel filter and spark plugs, but my #1 spark plug wire is in bad shape. If this is my problem, how hard is it to change this wire by myself? Keep in mind, this engine is a distributorless engine. The plug wires connect directly to the ignition coils. I tried to follow the plug wires, but couldn't get to the end of them. If someone can tell me where the ignition coil is located maybe it will help. Thanks.Spark Plug Wires on 2000 S-10 2.2 engine.?i have a 99 s-10 and my coil packs are---

go to the front passenger tire, look staight in above th tire and push the piece of rubber( you will see what im talking about) out of the way and the coilpacks are straight ahead

the plug wires are a pain to feed down through, but its not that hard

just make sure you take a piece of tape and write 1-2-3-4 on each end of the wires so you know which one is which and where they go

and my coilpacks are labeled 1-2-3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment