Friday, June 3, 2011

1996 eclipse gst MT - no spark to cyl #2 and #3?

Hi, everyone and thanks for your help!!



Here is the problem:



I got a code P0300- multiple cylinder misfire



Things done to car:



1-changed spark plugs and wires

2-got new ignition coil (for cylinders 2 and 3)

3-checked compression- about 175 psi across the board



Question:



I am not getting any spark into cylinder #2 and #3 from coils, but yes into #1 and #4.

I do get power from ignition coil connector (female end). How do i check if it is the (male end) connector of the ignition coil connector? I am thinking this is the problem, since i do get power and cylinders #1 and #3 are firing. Also, could it be the ignition power transistor? How do I check that?



any help is much appreciated!!1996 eclipse gst MT - no spark to cyl #2 and #3?Get the wiring digram and check the coil grounds. Im not sure where they are but that will cause the problem you are having.

No comments:

Post a Comment