Tuesday, November 23, 2010

How do I change the spark plug wires on my 1998 chevrolet S10 pickup? It has the 2.2L?

I changed the plugs and the wires were kinda old and now there is a miss-fire.I need to change the plug wires but they kinda dissappear under the intake. pics or help would be very very niceHow do I change the spark plug wires on my 1998 chevrolet S10 pickup? It has the 2.2L?i own a repair shop,,and you need to pull them one at a time on it,,and measure as you go with it so they match back up good on it,also make sure they go all the way in good ,on the plugs as well as they cap,and this will make it have a good connection,and that's about all there is to do on it just take your time with it,and you,ll be fine with it,,good luck i hope this help,s.How do I change the spark plug wires on my 1998 chevrolet S10 pickup? It has the 2.2L?one at a timeHow do I change the spark plug wires on my 1998 chevrolet S10 pickup? It has the 2.2L?replace them one at a time starting from the distributor cap even if you have to crawl under the truck,, but they should be fairly easy to see...if you can change the plugs at this angle with a socket driver changing the wires is a peice of cakeHow do I change the spark plug wires on my 1998 chevrolet S10 pickup? It has the 2.2L?just make sure you replace one at time so you don't get them mixed up.How do I change the spark plug wires on my 1998 chevrolet S10 pickup? It has the 2.2L?get a book on the car or go to the web,they have to be in order or you know mis-fireHow do I change the spark plug wires on my 1998 chevrolet S10 pickup? It has the 2.2L?well remove the plastic cover and it'll help, but if your truck wasn't missing before you changed the plugs make sure you firing order is correct or you didn't mess up a gap when installing your plugs.How do I change the spark plug wires on my 1998 chevrolet S10 pickup? It has the 2.2L?I also own the SLOW 2.2L the coil packs are on the passenger side underneath the intake. they are numbered for each cylinder 1,2,3,4 very clearly, you can do all of them at once it is not a problem the number one cylinder is the very front one and 4 is the farthest back. if you have a misfire you probably just switched one of the plugs an easy way to tell is unplug each one whil it is running and see if one changes even more or if it doesnt make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment